Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust

THIS 'BLOG IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

I go through 'blogs like most women* go through purses. I've been a bit better with this 'blog than with most I've started in the past, but I've never written as regularly or as often as I'd intended. I've been thinking a lot about 'blogging the last few days, both generally and specifically (mine). Here's what I think.

All writing, journaling included, can be put into two categories: writing for others and writing for yourself. Most public 'blogs obviously fall into the latter category (why else make them public?). Of course, even writing for others can really be writing for yourself. You know what I'm talking about: vanity. But I digress.

When you write for others, you must consider your audience (or, if you don't yet have one, the one you want to attract). I've always felt awkward about 'blogging, because I don't have a real audience outside of my family and friends. And of the two types of 'blogs folks keep, mine aren't the type that suit family and friends.

What are those two types? They're journals and commentaries. I started this site as a journal, but then I never really journaled. And I haven't really written Anglican or geekly commentary. I do want to journal, but this isn't the best place for that. Our family 'blog is. So, I'm closing this 'blog and from now on I will journal at millermenagerie.com.

For the few who kept up with this 'blog, thanks. I hope you'll continue to do so over at the family 'blog.

* My woman -- er, wife -- doesn't even use a purse. And even when she did, she used the same one for years. I love Deedee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always checked in on your blog. I wouldn't say it was "just for family and friends".

Deacon David Straw
Evansville, IN