Thursday, April 26, 2007

A week of Interviews

I think I've had an interview every day this week so far. They've all been informal interviews with other groups at Microsoft. I'm trying to find my long-term gig there; I hope to find something that'll let me be as active at the parish as I'd like. I have a second interview on Friday for a gig I would really enjoy.

I also have an interview with Bishop Provence (about my aspiration to the diaconate) Saturday. I'm really looking forward to meeting and talking with the Bishop.

I should mention that I learned last week I won't be going to synod this year to be interviewed by the Standing Committee. Aspirants are required to have been members of a parish for one year before consideration for postulancy (which is quite reasonable). As I'm being received into the Anglican Province of Christ the King and into the parish this weekend, I'll have to wait until next year's synod.

Some folks have asked me if this delay disappoints me. My answer is, not at all. If I'm not willing to do things on God's time-table, I shouldn't have this aspiration to start with. Anyway, I knew that changing jurisdictions would cause another delay. God knows, and does, what's best.

2 comments:

Continuing Home said...

A week of interviews indeed! May they be fruitful.

CaitlĂ­n said...

You and your future in both arenas are in our prayers. Your family, too as we've grown to love you very much. Aspiring to the deaconate is a noble endeavor, certainly a selfless one. We need more devoted men to come forward and offer temselves to the sacred ministry. You are an answer to many prayers. In God's perfect time we will celebrate your induction into the ranks of clergy.